Location: Buffalo, NY
Looking for an internship role and think you have what it takes to be a part of the Larkin Express team? We have Internship opportunities in several areas including Sales/Business Development, Account Management and Operations.
Our summer Internship program allows you the opportunity have on-the-job training to execute real world projects, interaction with Senior Management/Executives, mentorship from leaders, and thriving in an environment and culture that listens and welcomes your feedback. We are an organization that has high energy, great enthusiasm, and collaboration, and is ultimately a lot of FUN!
Desired Experience and Motivations:
· Currently enrolled in a degree program with at least one semester remaining after your internship
· Are graduating in Fall 2018 or Spring 2019, but Spring 2020 graduates may be considered
· Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Previous work/internship experience is a plus
· Ability to work in a team and fast paced environment
· Must be highly organized and a strong team player
· Should be able to work onsite at our Buffalo Corporate Office for 20-40 hours per week
· Must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future and must be authorized to work in the United States
Intern Responsibilities May Include:
· Building customer relationships
· Booking loads with our operations team
· Onboarding new customers
· Work collaboratively with internal/external customers
· Sales and Negotiations techniques (Sales focused internship)
· Collaborate with the other interns
What's in it for you?
· Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
· Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
· Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
About Larkin Express Logistics:
Larkin Express Logistics is a full-scale, non-asset-based truckload, less-than-truckload, and intermodal service provider that offers transportation and logistics services across a wide range of industries in the United States. We connect shippers with a network of prequalified local, regional, and national carriers on a daily basis.
We value a diligent work ethic inspired by a supportive environment, comprehensive training, leadership opportunities and most importantly, time to recharge.
· We believe in working SMART. Working hard and working smart are not the same thing – we work SMART. Our long-term strategy is achieved by setting SMART goals that are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-Bound.
· We expect our team to listen first - to both our clients, and each other - and then utilize their expertise and resources to solve the challenge.
· We believe that opportunities for improvement exist at all levels of the organization and that measuring a process is the best way to understand and improve. When we identify a process that can be improved we believe in focusing on the process and not placing blame on a person or team.
· We value experience, but are more focused on attracting the right people to our team. People who fit our culture will improve our team, both for our customers and for each other.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.